How about our Serious Impact Incubator programme which combines high quality mentoring and support with free accommodation for impact ventures with high growth or impact potential. Your business will have a warm, feathered nest in which to develop for 9 months giving you the space and support to scale.
- Access to The Hatchery spaces at Allia Future Business Centre Cambridge, providing free workspace in a co-working space, meeting rooms, wifi, printers, coffee and, of course, the fruit.
- Ongoing support from our Serious Impact team who will leverage their own experience of running businesses to help you navigate your own path to success
- An instant bunch of like-minded friends within the Future Business Centres all engaged with their own plights to define the future but more than happy to share the rewards and scars of the entrepreneurial journey
- Practical support in the shape of friendly professional services as well as useful access to some nifty software solutions
- Local networking fun with Agritech East, Cambridge Cleantech and Cambridge Wireless.
- Our help in exploring potential funding (ker-ching) through angel and VC groups, crowdfunding platforms and impact loan finance programmes.
- The keys to the Innovation Lab kingdom, an Aladdin’s cave of software and hardware hardwired to help you get your product market-ready.
As you can imagine, places in our Incubator are highly sought-after so we award them based on an assessment of business potential and business needs. It’s a bit like an exclusive gentleman’s club but without the sexism, past-it furniture, snobby staff and cigar funk. Ok maybe it’s nothing like an exclusive gentleman’s club.
What does it cost?
This sought after programme is free to successful applicants.
Serious Impact is co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund to enable us to support impact ventures and potential entrepreneurs across the GCGP LEP area. For SMEs, the initiative is classed as De Minimis State Aid and the value of the aid under this initiative is estimated at £4,800. You may need to declare this amount to any other UK public body intending to provide State Aid and we will issue a State Aid estimate letter during the application process.
How do we apply?
We are not accepting applications currently. If you would like to be the first to find out when we are, please contact us below