How about a free intensive accelerator programme with training, workshops, mentoring and talks from people who have already been through the process?
Join a cohort of like-minded impact entrepreneurs to build, develop and consolidate your knowledge and skills, with expert help to launch and grow a sustainable impact venture.
We’ll work with you in key areas of Marketing, Operations, and Finance to develop the right action plan to make your business grow.
The Accelerator runs a new programme every 3 months. Applications are always open.
How does it work?
- A range of 6 dynamic sessions covering the essentials of running an impact business
- Tactical sessions on more specialist areas to help you fill in any gaps
- Regular 2-hour group review sessions
- One-to-one support from an experienced business advisor
what does it cover?
Marketing & Sales
- Proposition, brand and positioning
- Customer segments and targeting
- Digital Marketing and Social Media
- Messaging, community building and converting to sales
- Structure, shareholdings, responsibilities
- Tax, legal frameworks, IP and registrations
- Policies, staffing and business systems
- Business model, income and expenses
- Cash flow management
- Funding options and financial planning
who is it for?
Spaces are open to individuals and teams who can show that their idea has the potential to make a positive impact on people, planet or place, and that they are ready and committed to making their business a success.
Successful applicants must commit to attending all key Sessions and each Review Session as a condition of enrolment.
what will it cost?
This sought after programme is free to successful applicants.
Serious Impact is co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund to enable us to support impact ventures and potential entrepreneurs across the GCGP LEP area. For SMEs, the initiative is classed as De Minimis State Aid and the value of the aid under this initiative is estimated at £3,600. You may need to declare this amount to any other UK public body intending to provide State Aid and we will issue a State Aid estimate letter during the application process.
When does it start?
The next cohort will start in May and will kick off with an introductory session on 8th May.
where do I sign up?
The deadline to join the next cohort is 18th April. Applications received after this date will be notified of the next cohort start dates in due course.
Where can I learn more? Come to a free meet & greet to quiz the team, find the next one here.
- May 2 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm at Future Business Centre Peterborough
- May 3 @ 8:30 am - 5:30 pm at Future Business Centre Peterborough
- May 16 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am at Future Business Centre Cambridge
"It’s the only reason our business has grown so fast. It has taken us from ‘two people in a shed’ towards being a professional, functional company."Rowanne & William West, Xosuit Solutions Ltd
"An excellent environment to get contacts and inspiration for your business."Ivan Langella, XCored limited
"There is nothing I would recommend more to any start up and even businesses that are already established."Elson Barbosa, Evo Smart Nutrition