How about a fully staffed and equipped Innovation Lab which will allow you to test and tinker with your product before it has to get anywhere near that fickle beast, the marketplace? Ours is a state-of-the-art facility that is properly tooled up with a range of gear for testing, proto-typing and simulation as well as some useful media stuff to help with the marketing side.
While our other programmes are fully funded, you’re going to have to fish out some money for this one as membership of the Innovation Lab will set you back £36 a month*.
Take a look at our kit below or contact us to apply for access.
Computer Aided Design
Design and refine your product for optimum impact with tools and software including;
- Dell Precision Tower with QUADRO M6000 graphics
- Mac PRO
Photography and video
We have it all covered with:
- 2 Cannon EOS 5D Mkiii,
- 3 G Pro HERO4s
- Cannon C300 4K Video Camera
- Sony Alpha A7
- Stabilisers, lighting, green screen and sound equipment.
Media and publishing Design
Use our Mac PROs and Dell PCs along with Wacom large format art tablets and touch screens to create great publications and videos. You could use the sound equipment from Stenhizer and Blue Snowball to make professional presentations.
From entry level to high end industry standard 3D printers we have it covered.
- Monofab ARM-10
- Photocentric Liquid Crystal 10″
- Ultimaker 2 Extended+
- Makerbot Replicator 2X
- Objet 30
- Uprint SE plus
Explore 3D object scanning possibilities from physical point touch scanning to desktop to hand held laser scanning technologies.
- Makerbot Digitizer Desktop 3D Scanner
- Artec Spider.
Integrated Computers and Electronics
- BBC Micro:Bit
- Nvidia graphics enabled Windows PC board
- Rasperry PI3
Printed Circuit Board Etching
Electronic testing Equipment
- Power supplies
Virtual Reality Equipment
Create virtual or augmented environments with;
- Occulus Rift
- HTC Vive
- A range of high end PCs with human interface devices including leap motion and Kinect
- IPad PRO 9.7″
- Panasonic Toughpad FZ-B2
RFID and NFID
- Elatec TWN4 Tech Tracer Kits
Motion Control and Robotics
- Micro PC’s from Raspberry Pi, BBC Micro:Bit, Windows PC boards & Arduino (see electronics for more detail)
Explore the capabilities of this fast developing technology with;
- Phantom 3 Pro
- Yuneec Tornado H90 GB603
- Computer Controlled Milling
- Our Roland MDX-40 CNC milling machine gives a more traditional approach to making 3D models and parts for when time is more important than accuracy. The rotary attachment will help with those more complicated shapes.
- Impact Engraver
- For those smaller accurate markings the Roland MPX-90 gets the job done fast and simple.
- Laser Cutting
- Cut plastics and wood with great speed and accuracy with our meter wide Lotus Blue 100 Laser Cutter.
- Vacuum Forming
- The Clarks 725FLB will allow you to make multiple plastic formed parts from on mould.
- Vinyl Cutter and Heat Press
- Cut out signs for many surfaces including fabrics to promote your idea or jazz up a new prototype.
- Digital microscope
- Our Veho microscope will take pictures and provide real time displays of the smaller elements of your project.
- Create all the fabric bits of your invention on our industry quality Brother Straight Stitch UBT – S7000DD-403 .
- Tools, tools, tools
Book a tour
- August 22 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm at Future Business Centre Peterborough
- September 5 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm at Future Business Centre Peterborough
- September 13 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm at
*All applications for membership will be considered individually by the team, but if you have an idea for a new product that could make a real impact, get in touch today. There is a monthly fee of £36 for use of equipment. For more information or full terms and conditions please get in touch.